VSA Wisconsin depends on the support of numerous volunteers to help present programs. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Art Center Teaching Artists
- Located on Madison’s northside, the VSA Art Center conducts classes in visual art, music, movement and more for adults with disabilities ages 16 and over. Volunteers are needed to assist teaching artists for classes offered Monday through Thursday in the late afternoons and early evenings, and for occasional daytime workshops.
- Exhibition Assistants
- Volunteers needed to patch and paint walls and install and deinstall artwork on an occasional basis at the VSA Wisconsin facility in Madison.
- Choir director assistant/and or accompanist
- Across the state, VSA Wisconsin choirs provide opportunities for adults with and without disabilities to participate in choral ensembles. Volunteers are needed to provide musical accompaniment, catalog music, and help with performances. Rehearsals take place one evening weekly or bi-weekly.
- Special Events/Fund Raising
- VSA Wisconsin conducts fundraising events such as art sales and benefit luncheons. Opportunities are available for volunteers who enjoy working with the public, have flexible schedules, and are looking for short-term projects.
- Special Projects
- Volunteers assist with the following areas on an as-needed basis:
- Administrative assignments (mailings, computer entry, etc.), video editing, website design, photography, marketing, graphic design, feature writing/journalism/interviewing, mobile applications, social media applications
- Young Professionals Committee
- Committee members in their 20s and 30s raise funds and awareness for VSA Wisconsin in conjunction with VSA staff. Volunteers attend regular meetings and plan and execute fundraising events and activities, including the annual Beat the Winter Blues event. Requirements include a willingness to connect with personal and professional contacts to increase participation in VSA Wisconsin and the committee-organized events, an ability to make at least a one-year commitment of time (approximately three hours per month; additional hours during events), and a strong belief in the VSA Wisconsin mission.
If you are interested in volunteering with VSA Wisconsin, complete the Volunteer Application Form (PDF) and submit to VSA Wisconsin staff.