VSA Art Center Policies
REGISTRATION – VSA Art Center programs are open to ages 16 and up. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. Space is limited. Sign up early to increase your chances of getting the class you want. Classes cannot be reserved by phone.
- To secure a place in class, include class registration information with payment.
- Payment must be made within 10 days of registration. Please note: an additional $10 will be assessed in the collection of any outstanding payments.
- Individuals with outstanding fees from previous sessions cannot enroll in another class until all fees are paid in full.
- Complete refunds are made if VSA cancels an entire class session
- A refund (minus a $10 processing fee) will be given if a withdrawal request is received by the registration deadline.
- No refunds will be granted after classes begin.
- Participants should arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to class and should arrange transportation for the EXACT time classes are scheduled to end.
- In the event a participant has not been picked up and is present 20 minutes after class ends, the teaching artist will call the participant’s emergency contact provided on the registration form.
- If transportation arrives more than 30 minutes after classes are scheduled to end, class participants will be charged $10 per half hour (31 minutes = $10; 61 minutes = $20).
ASSISTANTS – To promote the safety and success of our classes, VSA Wisconsin requires that participants bring an assistant, as needed, to support activities of daily living, and class participation. There is no fee for an assistant to attend. VSA WISCONSIN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REQUEST AN ASSISTANT.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY – Please use your best judgement when determining class attendance during inclement weather. Class will be cancelled when Madison schools close due to inclement weather. Please check your local listings. You will be notified if classes are cancelled for any other circumstances. Classes cancelled due to inclement weather are not refundable.
CANCELLATIONS – Classes may be cancelled if VSA Wisconsin's minimum enrollment is not met by the start of class.
NOTICE FOR LATEX ALLERGIES – Please be aware that latex products are used at the VSA Art Center. We do, however, make every effort to identify and contain these supplies. It is the responsibility of the participant or his/her staff to inform VSA Wisconsin of an allergy.
ILLNESS – For the benefit of others, participants should not attend class if experiencing significant coughing or other symptoms of cold/flu.
SMOKE-FREE – The VSA Art Center is a smoke-free environment, including restrooms and common areas.