Community-Based Artist Residencies
Community-Based Artist Residencies foster creativity, artistic expression and self confidence in adults with disabilities. Participants engage in hands-on, interactive arts programming led by professional teaching artists who have experience working with individuals of varying ability levels. Artist residencies are available in all artistic disciplines, including visual art, movement, music, drama, and creative writing.
Participants demonstrate the following outcomes:
- Increased knowledge of artistic discipline and successful application of skills
- Increased motivation and engagement
- Increased expression of joy and sense of pride in accomplishments
- Increased self esteem and self confidence
- Improved interpersonal communication and socialization skills
Organizations interested in applying for an Artist Residency must complete an application form. Applications are reviewed on an annual basis. If an application is approved and a financial commitment is made, VSA Wisconsin development staff will then work to secure the remaining funds from corporations and foundations.
Artist Residency Application Form (PDF)
For more information, contact VSA Wisconsin.